Monday, September 29, 2008

Tutorial on Transferring Digital Images to a Candle



Here are the supplies you will need:

wax paper, sicssors, white or very light colored candle, tissue paper, digital image, tape, heavy card stock and heat tool. Sorry, I forgot to put the tape, CS and heat tool in the picture.








Tape the tissue paper to the CS and make sure that it is nice and flat with no creases. I taped mine all the way around with wide tape so it wouldn't get hung up in the printer. Print the image in the center of the page on the best print setting for a nice bright image.








Here's a picture of the image after I printed it. I used Sugarplum Paperie's Whimsey Doodle kit.









Cut out your image. It's not necessary to cut off all of the white part of the tissue paper. Just cut along the outside of the image. When the tissue paper is melted into the candle you won't see it.










Position the image on the candle.












Wrap wax paper around the candle and hold it as tight as you can. This will insure that your image will not move and it will be nice and smooth.









Warm your heat tool up a bit and hold it next to your image until you can see it melt into the candle. This will only take a bit. My heat tool in the picture is too close as I only had one hand to take the picture.










Next, peel away the wax paper. Your candle might look a little dull, so just rub your hand across it to get the shine back.






3 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

I've tried this a couple times...I always end up melting the wax! Yours look fantastic, maybe I'll give it another shot.
hugs, Jami

fishlips said...

Very very neat, I think I just might have to go and try thiis one!!!!

Susie said...

i have recently tried this, and yuo get some wonderful results.
well done on the tuition, explained brilliantly