Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mango Sorbet Candle

Here's my Sugarplum Paperie Candle Project I made today. The candle reads:

Thank You Friend
I never came to you, my friend
and went away without
some new enrichment of the heart;
More faith and less of doubt,
more courage in the days ahead.
And often in great need coming to you,
I went away comforted indeed.
How can I find the shining word,
the glowing phrase that tells all that
your love has meant to me,
all the your friendship spells?
There is no word, no phrase for
you on whom I so depend.
All I can say to you is this
God bless you precious friend.
-Grace Noll Crowell
I am way tired right now, but tomorrow I am going to post a tutorial on how to make these awesome candles.

2 comments:

Kristine B. said...

WOW--this is sooo BEAUTIFUL!! I tried transfering an image to a red candle and it was a mess. I think I heated it too long? WHITE candles are def. the way to go. :) I'll to try again...after seeing this, I'm so LOVING that!

I have a SWEET award for you on my blog! Hugs!

Carolyn Bounds said...

WOW! These are gorgeous and would make the nicest gifts. My SIL made one of these, and I always wondered how she did it. I cannot wait until you post the tutorial!

Hugs!
Carolyn